Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Unlocked Phone

Posted by admin on Monday, April 11, 2011

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Unlocked Phone
OK..to start, I gotta say that the FREE shipping from Amazon SUCKS. So, if you want good shipping, dont use the FREE shipping that Amazon offers. Why? Tracking is horrible, tracking history is completely inaccurate.
(I used the nokia N82 before)
IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BUY THE CELLPHONE, READ THIS REVIEW. I THINK IT WILL HELP A LOT. IT IS LONG, I KNOW.

Moving on, the cellphone is good for the price. Come on, where will you get a 300$ cellphone that has all the functions that this one has? It is insane: 3.2 camera, touchscreen, more customizable than iphone, external memory, etc etc.
Regarding the touchscreen...I think it is personal taste.. I never used the iphone, and I think that this touchscreen it is VERY responsive. AFTER buying this phone and getting used to it, I used a friend's Itouch and I gotta say that my nokia 5800 is the winner. But as I said, it is personal taste. Still, it is a very responsible touchscreen (no matter you say that it is a resistive touchscreen)..like, you got no excuse..it is responsive, and it is responsive. PERIOD.
Good things about it:
-Starting to have more apps...you just gotta know where to find, for FREE.
-MACRO of the camera is awesome.
-I got the GPS with turn by turn voice direction (trial), and it is a dream. I wont know when they take away my trial...however, with voice direction, this thing it is a real GPS.
-The media button is pretty useful.
-It is legit that it unlocks when you take it close to your face when you are talking.
-Speakers are also awesome. Super loud. Sound quality when you plug in earpieces are also really nice.
-I love the cable to plug it in to the tv. I convert videos, put it on my cellphone and lay on my bed, plug the cellphone into the tv and voila. It is REALLY nice.
-About apps. Right now I have 42 but I only use maybe 8 of them lol.
-The screen it is mega-clear. It is one of the best screens ive seen.

The "so-so" of this phone:
-Build quality. It is pretty well built, however the screen it is TOO plasticky. When I put it under the sun, the reflection shows a big difference in the surface, I mean..it is not completely flat. Using the reflection of light you will realize it is not completely flat. In other words, the screen presents big flex (like in laptops, for instance). However, the rest of the cellphone is well built. If you take out the screen part of the cellphone, it is a pretty solid cellphone.
-The camera. I dont know. Sometime it takes great pictures, sometimes it stinks. When there is too much suns, it doesnt work well. When there isnt light, it also sucks. It has to have the right amount of light.
-For some people it may be ok, but this is a freaken fingerprint magnet. only the back cover it is mate. The rest of the cellphone devours fingerprint as a dinasour.
-Battery life it is not the best, but not the worst.

The bad:
-The interface it is not the friendliest. It could be better. I hope that with the update, it will be user friendlier.
-The screen. As I said, it is too flexible. It kills me to see differences with the reflection of the light (you know what im saying if you have the cellphone). It makes me hella nervous.
-Sometimes the phone in landscape mode, when you want to scroll down or up for example in some setting, it is freaking hard. I always keep tapping the wrong thing. in vertical mode this doesnt happen, because the scroll bar it is sticked to the right of the screen, so you dont have margin of error. however, in landscape mode the scroll bar is in the middle of the screen, so it gets tricky.
-Honestly, the phone it isnt the best looking phone in the market. It is just a chunk of plastic. (This is for people that care about appearances. I personally dont care, but im trying to be objective)


Ok, I think this is pretty much it. If you read this, you may decide whether to buy ir or not. I think it is a pretty good phone for the price. If you are RICH and money it is not your main problem, I would say go buy yourself a N97. Oppositely, I would say definitely go for this cellphone; I like it pretty much. You wont regret it (however, remember all the things I wrote in this review). If you are ok with the cons of this cellphone, you wont regret. And in my opinion, the Pro's overcome the Con's so... I dont know, it is your call!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment