HP iPaq 510 Unlocked Smartphone - Voice Messenger

Posted by admin on Friday, May 6, 2011

HP iPaq 510 Unlocked Smartphone -  Voice Messenger
It fits my requirements great! And the Voice Commander software is pretty neat (some may think it's gimmicky, but it helps when you're driving a car).

Only minor niggles - wish it was even thinner (but the upside is HP put in a hefty batter) - keys require getting used to as kinda smaller (but hey, you got a big gorgeous display above them). Some people have complained about the screen not having higher resolution, but I find it fine (170x220).

With a little customization, this phone can be tailored to you! I changed the Shortcut keys, installed SmartphoneNotes (to sync Notes with Outlook), recorded some voice tags to improve the speech recognition (it actually can recognize speech without training, if necessary!) It will even switch from Normal to Silent (or Vibrate) mode whenever you're in a meeting! Sweet! 

When I opened the box today, I was surprised to see how small the phone was. Nice big screen and the keypad are on the small side, but its fine once you get used to it (after a few texts and emails) I must also say that compared to my last phone (Samsung Blackjack) this phone is much lighter and not as wide as the blackjack... so it fits comfortably and weightlessly into my front shirt pocket. It also sports a mini sd card for music and COMES WITH 3.5 mm standard headphones... This was one thing that bothered me about the Blackjack (only special samsung port headphones or wireless bluetooth headphones would work).

An unlocked Wi-Fi, WM6 phone with the little 'fixes' to quirks and inconveniences in the WM5 operating system cannot be beat. It offers so many little things that people have been waiting out of a Smartphone and Windows Mobile, you simply have to check out the specifications yourself.

And thankfully, the functionality and ease of use works well, and I don't have to reset it and things like that. It is very well refined and a great finished product. I couldn't be more thankful for it.

The only thing I wish it had is a separate power button that would put the device on Standby...I've only had mine a few days, so maybe there is a way to actually do this with some button sequence. But I not only got what I thought I was getting when shopping for it and researching it, but I was pleasantly surprised with other unlisted upgrades and tweaks that have made this one far above any other Smartphone out there. 

The only downside but one feature that I had to sacrifice in order to gain other features (Windows Mobile 6 and WIFI) is that this phone has no 3G. Surfing the net, it was quite noticeable. However, it is not a big deal if you are only going to use it for email. Edge network is fine for text related websites. Therefore as a work phone, this is perfect as far as features go. Out of the box, the battery life is splendid, I have not charged it like they told me to, I'm going to wait till the phone dies before I do that.. Hope it doesn't mess anything up.
I don't think you will be disappointed if this is what you are looking for. God bless you.
My requirements : 
  • Quadband (world phone - works almost everywhere)
  • Perfect synchronization with Microsoft Outlook 
  • Keypad (T9 - don't text enough for a full keyboard) 
  • No stylus needed 
  • Don't care about 3rd party software, but it's nice
  • This unlocked cell phone is compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile. Not all carrier features may be supported. It will not work with CDMA carriers like Verizon Wireless, Alltel and Sprint.
  • Quad-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 frequencies and EDGE capabilities
  • Candybar phone with standard numeric keypad powered by Windows Mobile 6; 
  • 1.3-megapixel camera/camcorder; 
  • digital audio player; 
  • MicroSD memory expansion
  • Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) (to connect to the Internet for faster surfing and places like Japan where Quadband doesn't work) 
  • Bluetooth 1.2 connectivity for both handsfree communication and stereo music streaming
  • Up to 6.5 hours of talk time, up to 188 hours (7.8 days) of standby time

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment